Instagram is a photo app available for Apple and Android mobile users. The app allows users to be creative by letting them apply one of the 18 featured digital filters to their photos then upload and share them with others.
With more than 80 million Instagram users, now might be a great time for you to hop on Instagram if you aren’t already.
Here are a few tips to help you use Instagram for your real estate business.
- Build your inventory. Post a picture of every single listing you currently have for sale.
- Always use hashtags when you post your photo. For example, #realestatelosangeles #LosAngeles #HomesInLosAngeles.
- Make sure to add a caption as well to describe the property when posting. For example, you should put the address, your contact number, the number of beds and baths, the price, just to name a few.
- Connect your Instagram account to your Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare accounts so you can easily share your image as you’re uploading it to Instagram.
- Use the blur feature to blur out items in the photo that you may not want people to see.
- Make sure to enable the Photo Map feature so you can have the option to tag where the photo was taken.
- Make sure to add the same image of yourself that you have on your website as your Instagram avatar so people can identify you.
- Search for photos by hashtags and then follow people who might be of interest to you.
- Edit your profile information to add your tagline, your city or area, and your title (ex. Los Angeles Real Estate Agent). Don’t forget to add the URL of your website too.
- Consider purchasing a specific domain such as “losangelespropertylistings.com” and have it go directly to your “Properties for Sale” page on your website.