We’re not saying to meddle in their personal lives. Â However, in honor of the month of February and that Valentine’s Day is only more or less a week away, here are some findings about dating and real estate from a survey conducted by Harris Interactive (as commissioned by Trulia).
- Only 28% of those surveyed said they’d prefer someone who owned a home. The percentage of women preferring to date homeowners is bigger than men’s.
- Owning a property does not pose a sign that an individual is ready for marriage or even a long term relationship, though it connotes that the individual is capable of committing to a partner.
- 62% of the respondents prefer to date someone who lives alone. Men prefer dating women living alone in a big city while women are ok with dating men flying solo in the suburbs.
- Living with your parents is a smart financial move but will make you unlucky in the dating world as only 5% of the respondents said they’re ok with dating someone who still lives with his or her parents.
- 74% of renters are willing to consider living with their significant other in order to save money.
- According to Trulia, the top home amenity that would make both men and women fall in love with a house is a master bathroom. A walk-in closet is a close second.