Posted on October 28, 2011 by
The best web design companies are always on the lookout for trends and features on how to make their clients’ business websites above par. In recent years, developers and visionaries have come up with improved technology-touch screen, social media, HTML5, CSS3, smart phones, tablets, and multi-support browsers-and it is a web designer’s job to leverage these tools to create effective websites and marketing materials. With the year almost coming to an end, here are some of the common website trends that we have seen this 2011.
Websites of 2010 and 2011 have integrated their social networking profiles and social sharing options into their pages. This is not only about simply adding a button to the site for RSS feeds or subscription but having a dedicated sidebar or social media area on the homepage. Blogs are also integrated on the website itself so that site visitors can conveniently access content in one place. With Twitter and FB widgets, visitors can see real-time updates on the company’s latest shout outs, photos and event news. With Like buttons and social media icons on the homepage Â being Â linked to the site owner’s social profiles,content-sharing has never been easier.
Today’s websites can be viewed on different screen resolutions Â without compromising the site’s appearance or functionality. What you see on your 1280×700 laptop screen can also be viewed seamlessly on your tablet screen or on your vertical 960×640 iPhone screen.
Image Background on Homepage
Aside from using more modern color palettes, many 2011 websites use large photographs as background images. These full screen images do not only look good and instantly emphasize a point, but also harmonize all the other elements of the site. These days, fine art photography and premium stock photos are very much in.
Sites built on CMS Platforms
It’s all about dynamic content these days. No wonder user-friendly CMS platforms such as WordPress are such a hit. Real estate website built on the WordPress platform comes with an out-of-the box SEO advantage and allows for flexible customization and extension.
Quick Response / QR Codes
First used in the automotive industry, QR matrix barcodes have made their way into the world of real estate websites. QR codes can be placed almost everywhere — on flyers, yard signs, business cards, stickers, as online avatars, etc. A smart phone reader scans this barcode, and you can lead people to the URL of your agent website or listings page. Check out this article for more info on QR codes.
What other website trends have you seen lately? Do you wish to have these features on your own website? For more on custom websites, check out this related article.
- Domain Names
- Real Estate Blogging
- Real Estate Marketing
- Real Estate Mobile Apps
- Real Estate News
- Real Estate Tech Tips
- Real Estate Web Design
- Real Estate Wordpress Websites
- Social Media for Real Estate
- Social Media Marketing
- 10 Markets with the Fastest-Rising Real Estate Prices
- 100 Ideas for Your Next Real Estate Blog Post
- 4 Essential Features that should be in your Real Estate Mobile App
- 5 Reasons Why Your Real Estate Business Should Have a Mobile Website
- 6 Benefits of Tablet PCs for Real Estate Agents
- 8 Seconds to Impressing Your Website Visitors
- A Real Estate Agent’s Most Powerful Tool
- Adding Your Own Listings on Trulia
- Agent Image Reviews – Notable Website Trends of 2011
- Agent Image Reviews 3 Top Producing Agent Sites
- Agent Image Reviews Custom Homepages and Tips for Good Homepage Design
- Can Instagram Help Your Real Estate Business?
- Compose Hiqh Quality Content for Your Real Estate Blog
- Domain Name Promo — .coms now only 10.99/year!
- Energize Your Team to Maximize Results
- Facebook Creates Different Levels of Admins for Fanpages
- Get Your Gmail Stats with Gmail Meter
- Have You Considered Your Client’s Love Life?
- How A Real Estate Agent Can Increase Their Leads
- How The New Facebook Embed Post Can Impact your Business
- Keeping it Real: The Scoop on Real Estate Marketing Today
- Let Google Apps Give Your Real Estate Business a Boost : An added bonus for Agent Image clients
- Marketing Doesn’t Have to be Expensive
- New Website Launch Party
- Ongoing Casting! Interior Design Series for a Major Network
- Power up your Real Estate WordPress Blog with these Great Plugins and Extensions
- Quick Tech Bites: QRreader – Read QR codes right from your browser!
- Quick Tips on How to Get More Leads
- Real Estate Marketing Tip: Say It Well with Infographics
- Realtor Tips: Post your Trulia Rentals on Craigslist
- Switching to the iPhone 5 to Help You Sell Real Estate?
- The Secret to Effective Real Estate Websites
- The Value Of Being Seen In Social Media
- Tips for A Better Real Estate Video
- Tips for Creating Great Headlines for Your Property Listings
- Top 10 Most Visited Real Estate Sites
- Twitter Has Updated Their Logo
- Using an Effective Email Signature for Your Real Estate Business
- Using WordPress to Power Your Real Estate Website
- Web Conferencing Tools for Real Estate