Posted on August 10, 2012 by
Did you know that an average website visitor takes only around 8 seconds to decide whether to stay on your site? Â It takes more than visual appeal to make your real estate website achieve the goals that you have set.
Here are a five tips to make sure those passing visitors stay.
1. Be the solution.
- There are two questions which your client will ask himself, “Am I in the right place?” and “What’s in here for me?”
- The answer to his questions will depend on your expertise and how you can help him to successfully buy or sell a home.
2. Offer something of value.
- On your web pages, instead of presenting endless facts about your achievements, go for “here’s what I have for you”.
- Put up a resource page, newsletters, case studies, etc.
3. Three clicks.
- Today, a website must be able to let its users get information within 3-clicks at the most. Â More than three clicks could lead to having to wait for the page to load and your visitors losing their interest.
4. Pull at their heartstrings.
- Winning over your visitors takes more than just presenting the facts and information about a certain property.
- Help them visualize their dreams of owning, as cliche as it may sound, a romantic cabin by the beach or a home in the countryside by posting captivating photos and a video tour of the home you’re selling.
5. The Inverted Pyramid.
- This is the writing style journalists use in which the most important information is highlighted and presented on top.
- As the pyramid narrows down, supplementing details and general information follow. Â In today’s fast paced world, visitors will usually just skim through websites.
- However, using this style of content writing will give your visitors the information they need and once they see that you have it, they will come back.
If your visitors feel that your website is not taking them where they want to be, they will move on to the next site. Â However, if you grab their attention on the get-go in the first few seconds, they will most likely stay and continue browsing, and hopefully become a lead.
- Domain Names
- Real Estate Blogging
- Real Estate Marketing
- Real Estate Mobile Apps
- Real Estate News
- Real Estate Tech Tips
- Real Estate Web Design
- Real Estate Wordpress Websites
- Social Media for Real Estate
- Social Media Marketing
- 10 Markets with the Fastest-Rising Real Estate Prices
- 100 Ideas for Your Next Real Estate Blog Post
- 4 Essential Features that should be in your Real Estate Mobile App
- 5 Reasons Why Your Real Estate Business Should Have a Mobile Website
- 6 Benefits of Tablet PCs for Real Estate Agents
- 8 Seconds to Impressing Your Website Visitors
- A Real Estate Agent’s Most Powerful Tool
- Adding Your Own Listings on Trulia
- Agent Image Reviews – Notable Website Trends of 2011
- Agent Image Reviews 3 Top Producing Agent Sites
- Agent Image Reviews Custom Homepages and Tips for Good Homepage Design
- Can Instagram Help Your Real Estate Business?
- Compose Hiqh Quality Content for Your Real Estate Blog
- Domain Name Promo — .coms now only 10.99/year!
- Energize Your Team to Maximize Results
- Facebook Creates Different Levels of Admins for Fanpages
- Get Your Gmail Stats with Gmail Meter
- Have You Considered Your Client’s Love Life?
- How A Real Estate Agent Can Increase Their Leads
- How The New Facebook Embed Post Can Impact your Business
- Keeping it Real: The Scoop on Real Estate Marketing Today
- Let Google Apps Give Your Real Estate Business a Boost : An added bonus for Agent Image clients
- Marketing Doesn’t Have to be Expensive
- New Website Launch Party
- Ongoing Casting! Interior Design Series for a Major Network
- Power up your Real Estate WordPress Blog with these Great Plugins and Extensions
- Quick Tech Bites: QRreader – Read QR codes right from your browser!
- Quick Tips on How to Get More Leads
- Real Estate Marketing Tip: Say It Well with Infographics
- Realtor Tips: Post your Trulia Rentals on Craigslist
- Switching to the iPhone 5 to Help You Sell Real Estate?
- The Secret to Effective Real Estate Websites
- The Value Of Being Seen In Social Media
- Tips for A Better Real Estate Video
- Tips for Creating Great Headlines for Your Property Listings
- Top 10 Most Visited Real Estate Sites
- Twitter Has Updated Their Logo
- Using an Effective Email Signature for Your Real Estate Business
- Using WordPress to Power Your Real Estate Website
- Web Conferencing Tools for Real Estate