Posted on September 9, 2011 by
Having the right plugins for your real estate blog site is one of the best ways to maximize the functionality of your site. Here’s a starter list of plugins that you may want to consider on your real estate WordPress site:
Akismet (Spam Blocker). Spam is a definite headache, but with the Akismet spam killer, Â you can filter out the spam from comments on your posts and web forms. It’s free to use on personal blogs and $5/mo for small business sites or blogs.
All in One SEO Pack. Optimizes your site and automatically generates meta tags. Â This plugin lets you create or override title for every page you make, as well as meta keywords and meta-descriptions. Get your site indexed easily on search engines using this plugin.
Mortgage Loan Calculator. Not only is this plugin user-friendly, but it’s also visually appealing thanks to its AJAX-based graphics. You can integrate it into your sidebar quite easily.
WP-DB Manager. Everyone knows that setting up a site isn’t the end of the story. Proper maintenance is also important and with WP-DB manager, you can optimize, back up, and protect your database. This comes in handy since some plugins are updated by developers. Before these updates, it’s best to have a back up of your database so you don’t lose any important content.
Keyword Statistics. This plugin records 1-10 of your most commonly used keywords for every post you write and automatically displays a list of suggested keywords. “Based on this list a meta description can be created and automatically set. So the plugin can be used to do the on-page part of your SEO strategy.”
SexyBookmarks (social bookmarking + share buttons). Internet marketing is all about spreading the word and in real estate marketing, it’s important to assure people that you’re an expert in real estate information. With SexyBookmarks, people can easily bookmark your site’s content and share it with others on their network.
Photo Dropper. Lets you add Creative commons licensed photos to your blog posts from Flickr.
Business Directory. Web visitors who find your blogsite rich in updated information will keep coming back. With this plugin, readers can submit a sample listing or advertisement to you, so you can host a free directory for them on your blog. “Business Directory is a great way to increase the SEO value of your site, and to monetize your community participation.”
Google XML sitemap generator. Helps search engines like Bing, Google, and Yahoo to better index your site.
Be on the lookout for our next blog post for a sequel list of useful WordPress plugins!
For more information on real estate plugins, real estate WordPress sites, or if you’re simply wondering how to move your existing agent website over to the WordPress platform, Â call 800.979.5799 and ask about Agent Image OS.
- Domain Names
- Real Estate Blogging
- Real Estate Marketing
- Real Estate Mobile Apps
- Real Estate News
- Real Estate Tech Tips
- Real Estate Web Design
- Real Estate Wordpress Websites
- Social Media for Real Estate
- Social Media Marketing
- 10 Markets with the Fastest-Rising Real Estate Prices
- 100 Ideas for Your Next Real Estate Blog Post
- 4 Essential Features that should be in your Real Estate Mobile App
- 5 Reasons Why Your Real Estate Business Should Have a Mobile Website
- 6 Benefits of Tablet PCs for Real Estate Agents
- 8 Seconds to Impressing Your Website Visitors
- A Real Estate Agent’s Most Powerful Tool
- Adding Your Own Listings on Trulia
- Agent Image Reviews – Notable Website Trends of 2011
- Agent Image Reviews 3 Top Producing Agent Sites
- Agent Image Reviews Custom Homepages and Tips for Good Homepage Design
- Can Instagram Help Your Real Estate Business?
- Compose Hiqh Quality Content for Your Real Estate Blog
- Domain Name Promo — .coms now only 10.99/year!
- Energize Your Team to Maximize Results
- Facebook Creates Different Levels of Admins for Fanpages
- Get Your Gmail Stats with Gmail Meter
- Have You Considered Your Client’s Love Life?
- How A Real Estate Agent Can Increase Their Leads
- How The New Facebook Embed Post Can Impact your Business
- Keeping it Real: The Scoop on Real Estate Marketing Today
- Let Google Apps Give Your Real Estate Business a Boost : An added bonus for Agent Image clients
- Marketing Doesn’t Have to be Expensive
- New Website Launch Party
- Ongoing Casting! Interior Design Series for a Major Network
- Power up your Real Estate WordPress Blog with these Great Plugins and Extensions
- Quick Tech Bites: QRreader – Read QR codes right from your browser!
- Quick Tips on How to Get More Leads
- Real Estate Marketing Tip: Say It Well with Infographics
- Realtor Tips: Post your Trulia Rentals on Craigslist
- Switching to the iPhone 5 to Help You Sell Real Estate?
- The Secret to Effective Real Estate Websites
- The Value Of Being Seen In Social Media
- Tips for A Better Real Estate Video
- Tips for Creating Great Headlines for Your Property Listings
- Top 10 Most Visited Real Estate Sites
- Twitter Has Updated Their Logo
- Using an Effective Email Signature for Your Real Estate Business
- Using WordPress to Power Your Real Estate Website
- Web Conferencing Tools for Real Estate